Aromatherapy Bath and Aromatherapy Bath Products
The science of aromatherapy advocates bathing with any of the exotic essential oils to relieve oneself from stress, soothe tired bodies and also for many other benefits. A few moments in the relaxing environment provide a chance to contemplate and meditate which can do wonders for the body and soul. Soaking yourself in warm water with one of your favorite oils provides relief from the daily strained and boring routine of your life. The use of these oils is strongly recommended once in day or two so that you feel invigorated. Having an aromatherapy bath is a hassle free quick and simple way to benefit from aromatherapy.
More about aromatherapy ? Read about Aromatherapy Air Fresheners
How do I benefit from an Aromatherapy Bath?
- The dull skin not only for the face, hand and feet (which we usually concentrate on) but also for the whole body is nourished with a layer of pure essential oils.
- The fragrant and beneficial vapors rising from the hot water enter the olfactory system and lungs.
- The mind is clearer and calmer which improves your concentration. Some oils are also known to provide relief from nervous conditions by making your mental constitution stronger and calmer.
- A few essential oils have the properties of creating a romantic and passionate environment; a few drops of your favorite oil can do wonders to your love life.
- Aromatherapy baths aid sound sleep and you will feel a renewed vigor in your life.
- Some oils are known to treat some of your skin conditions like acne and scabies.
- An aromatherapy bath can be used for just pure enjoyment.
- Bathing with essential oils provides relief from joint problems and muscle pain.
- Bathing in rosemary can relieve women from the PMS symptoms.
Soaps and candles with real, pure aromatic oils are also beneficial, but direct contact of essential aromatherapy massage oils with the bath water is known to be more beneficial. But it is important to remember, when using the oils to prepare an aromatherapy bath, these should be added to water just before you are ready to enter, as these are extremely volatile. Before you start enjoying your bath, make sure that shower curtains are closely drawn and windows and doors shut so that the steam vapors are trapped. This is to ensure that you get the maximum benefit from the essential oils before they evaporate with the hot steam.
Apart from essential oils, aromatherapy salts can also be used for a relaxing aromatherapy bath. These include sea salts, Epsom salts and bicarb which detoxify, exfoliate and soften the skin.
Aromatherapy candles are very effective as they do more than just adding fragrance to the rooms in your home. This can be used while having a bath just to relax yourself and reap the benefits of aromatherapy while you are bathing. Depending on your mood and requirement you can choose the fragrance to make your bathing a therapeutic experience.
How to enjoy Aromatherapy Bath at home:
What do I require?
2 ounces of carrier oil (these are also base oils which are used to dilute essential oils) like sweet almond, apricot kernel, cocoa butter.
15-20 drops of lavender or any essential oil of your choice.
Mix the oils together and store in an amber or cobalt glass bottle. Remember not to use all 2 ounces of bath oil in one go. Fill in you bath tub and add about 1/4 ounce (7-8ml) of the bath oil blend to the bath water. Please make sure that chosen oils are safe for children before you give a child an aromatherapy bath and also use lesser quantities of the blend in the child\’s bathwater.
Mix well so that the blend has dispersed properly in the tub. Using an oil blend is better than adding pure essential oils directly to the bath water as this may result in the oil settling in one spot on the skin, which can cause allergy or irritation.
Effects of Aromatherapy Bath Soaks:
Chamomile bath soak
Chamomile oils have the properties of healing and can also brighten one’s mood. This oil can be used internally and externally for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Sage bath soak
Sage is a common ingredient in the preparation of herbal medicines and cosmetics. It has been used since ancient times to improve various health conditions, like depression, skin inflammations, rheumatism and arthritis. It is also recommended for use for older people because of its restorative and invigorating qualities.