Here we will talk about eyebrow hair loss causes. Many women are born with perfect eyebrows, but the rest have to do a little work to keep them looking great. Well shaped and groomed eyebrow are a must for the right makeup and expression. Sometimes, you may have a great natural shape, but still need a little work. The problem areas may be very thin eyebrows, bushy eyebrows, uneven eyebrows or simply poorly shaped eyebrows. If your eyebrows are too bushy, you will be bothered with frequent visits to the salon or having to tweeze or wax them yourself at regular intervals. Poorly shaped eyebrow can also be set right with the help of an expert. However, with inherently sparse eyebrow or over waxed or over plucked eyebrows the solution will have to be different.
Eyebrow Hair Loss Causes
You may be born with thin or sparse eyebrows, but sometimes, the eyebrow hair loss may happen due to external factors. Here are a few common causes of eyebrow hair loss:
- Use of anesthesia
- Prolonged used of certain antibiotics or other medication
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Fungal or Skin Infections
- Hormonal Imbalances
- Over Plucking
- Improper Waxing
- Burn Injuries
- Surgery or Deep wounds
- How to Regrow Eyebrow Hair
More about eyebrows please read this Anastasia Eyebrow Kit And Techniques
If due to any of the above mentioned reason the eyebrow roots have not been damaged, then the eyebrow regrows on its own or with the help of some products available in the market. If the hair root is destroyed, then the eyebrow loss can said to be permanent and in such a case the natural regrowth will not happen. For permanent eyebrow loss, there are following three alternatives available:
1) Hair plugs removed from the scalp are transferred to the eyebrow area.
2) Cosmetic tattooing can be used to form the desired shape of eyebrows.
3) Camouflage cosmetics can be used to draw eyebrows onto the face with makeup.
In case the eyebrow hair loss is not permanent but is due to a medical condition or improper use of eyebrow shaping techniques, then you can use products that stimulate eyebrow regrowth. However, before using any such product, it is important that you do a patch test to make sure that you are not allergic to it and it does not cause any skin or eye irritation. The proximity of the eyebrows to the eyes makes it a very delicate area. Check out these eye tips of big eyes.
There are different kinds of eyebrow regrowth formula available in the market. Each individual reacts to each product differently. There is no single product which has proven to be effective on all the people who have used it. There are herbal and natural products also available that claim to be effective in aiding eyebrow regrowth.
If you consult a physician or a dermatologist they may recommend the use of a topical cream or lotion, which can be rubbed into the eyebrow area to stimulate eyebrow regret. In other cases, an oral medication may be necessary to foster new or thicker brows. The oral medication is generally used to regulate hormones which can lead to the loss of hair or eyebrows to begin with as in the case of menopause. Eyebrow Rogaine is one such option for stimulating eyebrow regrowth. Clinical studies on the use of eyebrow Rogaine suggest that 90% customers are satisfied that stop their hair loss. Rogaine should only be used if you are experiencing hereditary eyebrow hair loss.
Information on Eyebrow Rogaine / Regrowth Products –
Products that stimulate eyebrow growth usually work in one of two ways which are as follows:
- These affect the hormones, which can stimulate hair growth (as in say propecia). However, one needs to be careful as in this case hair growth will not be limited to brows, if the product works.
- Vasodilate the blood vessels (make them bigger) to increase the flow of blood (as in eyebrow Rogaine) and presumably, nourish the follicles.
- Normal hair growth is 0.5 inches per month and with help of Rogaine its takes some time.
- Hair sprays or styling aids can be used on hair while using Rogaine. Simply apply Rogaine first and wait for it to dry before applying any styling aids.