Hair Wash Tips
The basics of hair care starts with learning how to wash your hair properly so we have best hair wash tips for the readers of Top Pakistan. Many people don’t take this matter seriously. But washing hair in a wrong way can actually damage it rather than helping it. It is important to know what type of hair & texture one has. Because that will determine the type of shampoo & conditioner one is going to use. Shampooing helps in removing dirt, chemical residues or excessive buildup of the scalp. Conditioner acts as an agent which restores moisture to the hair. Generalized advice is always given to read the label of the product about the quantity, the usage techniques & when to use the product.
It is advisable to use herbal products or herbal extracts when it comes to the maintenance of hair, provided the products are authentic. In a way, the hair will also be free from harmful residue left behind by the chemicals. When your hair needs constant shampooing, an herbal product is always handy as it naturally cleanses the scalp of impurities. Aloe Vera is widely known to maintain hair growth without too many known side-effects. Rosemary (a medicinal herb) is used as a natural hair conditioner, especially for dark colored hair.
Basic Pointers for hair washing:
– Wet the hair with warm water completely, so that even the scalp area is covered.
– Take adequate amount of shampoo as per the length of your hair. Too much shampoo can harm the hair. Add some water & start massaging the scalp in circular motions giving it a gentle rub. Massaging helps in the circulation of blood.
This helps in loosening the dead cells, removal of dirt, oil, product residue etc.
– Again rinse with lukewarm water till one minute so that no shampoo remains on the scalp.
– Apply the conditioner & rub/spread it more at the ends as these are the parts which need all the attention, generally due to over exposure to the environment. One can leave the conditioner for about a minute.
– Rinsing is best practiced when the hair is left down under running water; else the scalp needs to be rinsed thoroughly.
– One can blot the hair with a towel to absorb the water. This also acts as a precautionary measure for the cuticles, as they tend to catch on the fibers of the cloth.
– Let the hair dry naturally if time permits. Usage of a blow-dryer should be restricted.
Tips for hair washing:
After conditioning the hair, it is advisable to use cold water or icy-cold water to rinse the lather. Reason being, cold water locks in & regains the moisture to the hair.
Combing when the hair is wet damages & tangles it.
Avoid hot water as it is not good for the hair & it can rob your hair of its color.
If any indication of any product residue is there, baking soda or apple cider vinegar can be used & later, should be rinsed properly.
Wringing the wet hair can result in tearing of hair, as wet hair is very delicate.
People who have oily hair are advised to shampoo twice before they move on to conditioning.
One can use clawed fingers to spread shampoo evenly on the scalp.
Washing Instructions for Oily & Dry Hair Types:
For Oily / Greasy Hair:
A person having with this hair type should avoid washing hair on a daily basis. Reason being, oil glands are aggravated more while washing, so more skin oil is oozed out in the process. It is recommended that one use a mild ph-balanced shampoo and try to wash hair without scrubbing the scalp a great deal. Application of conditioner should only be from mid-length till the tip of the hair.
For Dry Hair:
Dry & brittle hair needs nourishment & moisture both. Since the hair strands are dry, extreme rubbing would damage it further. So a moisturizing shampoo is the best option for cleansing it. As far as a conditioner goes, any deep conditioner would be great in providing the much needed moisture to the hair.
More about hair care ? Please read Hair Loss Vitamins
A hair expert always recommends that scalp should be washed along with hair. This is the simplest way of keeping the scalp & hair hygienic & clean naturally.