“Global Think Tank Report 2018”
Nine Pakistani think tanks entered the top 100 in the South Asia and Oceania region think tank rankings.
According to the “Report”, there are 8162 think tanks in the world in 2018. Among them, the number of European think tanks continued to rank first, with 2,219 (27.2%) in total, 1972 (24.2%) in North America, and 51.4% of think tanks in Europe and North America, followed by Europe and North America. There are 1,829 (21.6%); Central and South America has 1,023 (12.5%); Sub-Saharan Africa has 612 think tanks (7.5%); Middle East and North Africa have 507 (6.2%) think tanks.
In the 2018 global think tank rankings, the United States ranked first with 1,871 think tanks, India with 509 think tanks ranked second, and China ranked third with 507 think tanks, Britain, Argentina, Germany, Russia, France, Japan, Italy ranks fourth to tenth. According to the report, there are currently 25 think tanks in Pakistan, which are ranked 15th in Asia in terms of the number of think tanks. Among them, the Sustainable Development Policy Institute of Pakistan entered the global (except the United States) list of top 100 think tanks, ranking 99th.
In the list of think tanks in South Asia and Oceania, a total of nine Pakistani think tanks entered the top 100 of the list which are: Sustainability Development Policy Institute (15th place); Pakistan Institute of International Affairs (20th place); Alternate Solutions Institute (Alternate Solutions Institute, ranking) 26th); Institute of Policy Studies (ranked 38th); Social Policy and Development Centre (40th); Center for Research on Economic And Social Transformation, ranked 43rd); Applied Economics Research Centre (No. 61); Far East and Southeast Asia Regional Research Center (Area Study Centre for Far East and Southeast Asia, ranked 62nd); Market Policy Research Institute of Market Economy (ranked 99th).