For those who undervalue the Pakistan Entertainment Industry and its potential will be in a surprise in the following article; because the industry is flourishing and diversifying in every field. Be it drama or fashion or films or live shows or celebrities – you just name it an assortment of activities and happenings color the horizon of this politically charged country. Pakistani showbiz affairs are buzzing with action.
Since the release of ‘Cake’ last month, March, the public is not just satiated by the brilliance of depiction of life in this movie. Stars like Aamina Sheikh and Sanam Saeed have taken the film to abetter level. It is joyful to witness the handling of various relationships in a realistic manner. The movie, like a cake, is created with many layers to fascinate all of us. And oh yes! It’s the first Pakistani movie to have premiered at London’s Leicester Square.
The streak of brilliant movies just continue. Some of the movies to look forward to this year include:
Maidaan (sports drama)
MaulaJutt Reboot (action)
ParwaazhaiJunoon (War film)
Saat Din Muhabbat In (Romantic comedy)
Zarrar (spy thriller)
Azaadi (Kashmir freedom fight)
Of course, the above list does not cover the whole year of a promising entertaining year.
Pakistani Entertainment News
Lately, the Pakistan Entertainment News has been abuzz with some interesting national and international activities. Following are some of the highlights:
- 11th May Saadat Hassan Manto – on his birth anniversary – was remembered and honored among literary and entertainment circles. The major honor was announced by Nandita Das. Manto’s biopic starring Nawazuddin Siddiqui has been selected to screen at Cannes. So our favorite writer of Indo-Pak will be showcased in front of the international audience.
- A good news for music lovers. In the month of month of Pepsi has launched their first ever albums related to “Battle of Bands”. The album features the songs of ‘Badnaam and Kashmir’, the bands.
- WOW (#womenonwheels) rally took place in Lahore. It was given a wide coverage from all the media houses. Celebrities like MeeshaShafi took this opportunity to voice her feelings, especially after her controversy with Ali Zafar was widely highlighted. She called this experience of riding the bikes with women as ‘liberating’ and called out her not-so-well-wishers that she is in Pakistan and the rumors of her moving to Canada are completely baseless.
- Who is representing Pakistan at Cannes? Of course, none other than Mahira Khan. She has been seen on the red carpet and around the city flaunting her beautiful ensembles with grace. She is also seen as having a good time with newly-wed Sonam Kapoor. Being the ambassador of L’Oreal Paris Pakistan, Mahira has again shown to the world her talent.
- The news is that the people at Marvel are already planning to introduce Ms Marvel after the introduction of Captain Marvel to the world. The news gets all the more interesting because the debate of who will play the role is trending all around. Ms Marvel is a Muslim character – Kamala Khan who is a Pakistani American teenager. Fans want a Muslim girl to act out this role. Fingers crossed, let’s see who will be the lucky winner.
- The first song of a much-awaited movie – Azaadi – has been released. Starring Moammar Rana and Sonya Hussain, the movie highlights the Kasmir freedom struggle.
- Pepsi is busy in their global 120 years celebration campaign. One such related event was the launch of limited edition clothes in collaboration with Outfitters, Leisure Club and BTW, featuring the giants like Reema, Wasim Akram, Fawad Khan and Zoheb Hassan.
- The trailer of a romantic comedy ‘Saat Din Muhabbat In’ has been released. The film will be released on EidulAzha.
- Imran Abbas has also boarded the train of those who are honored to work in Hollywood. Film ‘The Trojan horse’ is a spy thriller and Imran will be a spy. The shooting will start in July.
- Another rumor cum news about Hollywood aspiring artist concerns Saba Qamar. She has signed a film with none other Ben Affleck. Saba’s confirmation is still being awaited.
- Is Meera leaving Pakistan? Our beloved Meeraje has announced that she will be leaving the country soon to get settled in the US or Canada. A big shocker it is! How will we survive without her interviews?
Pakistani celebrities’ News Facebook
Due to the social media addiction, we are getting maximum of our entertainment news from online platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and more. If you want the latest news then just subscribe to the pages and public accounts of your favourite celebrities or pages related to movies, drama, and fashion or literary scenes. The choice is wide and extensive.
Pakistani Showbiz Magazine
The market is full of showbiz and fashion exclusive magazines. What makes them unique is the detailed representation of stories and issues related to the events of showbiz. The magazines include: Brides & You, Sunday, Mag, She, Hello, eBuzz and the list goes on.