Sensitive skin is one of the most difficult skin types to manage so here we will talk about sensitive skin care tips home remedies. It usually does not tolerate anything on it and is easily itched. This type of skin is fine textured and thin. It is very prone to sunburns as it reacts quickly. Any change in internal or external factors can irritate the skin and makes it look red and blotchy.
When we are young, skin has the ability to regenerate the lost oils. But as we age, this ability slows down. There are also environment factors and lifestyle that affect the condition of our skin. The skin gradually loses oil and its oil producing capability over the period of time hence making it dry.
Taking care of sensitive skin is more than just choosing the right skin care products. This type of skin has very less tolerance level for certain products and environmental factors. The irritation and blotchiness that is caused can be very uncomfortable and embarrassing at times. One really needs lots of patience to find out the right kind of products that suit sensitive skin types. It has to be a lot of trial and error.
More From Skin Care :- Skin Care To Look Younger
Sensitive Skin Care Tips Home Remedies
Sensitive skin reacts to chemicals very fast. It is hence important to avoid them as much as possible.
- Try to use home made products.
- Always test any product on your wrist to see how your skin reacts to it.
- Avoid using soaps or products that are perfumed.
- Whenever going out, wear full sleeved clothes and a hat. It is very important to protect your skin from sun exposure.
- Use mild or hypo-allergic products which are free of irritating agents.
- Use your fingers to wash your face and body instead of wash cloth. Washcloths can be abrasive to the skin.
- When doing household chores, wear gloves to protect your skin from drying.
- While taking bath, try to use lukewarm water and keep the bath time short. After you are done, use the moisturizer made specifically for sensitive skin.
- Try to avoid scratching or rubbing your skin. This can irritate your skin or break the surface.
- Smoking dries up the skin. if possible, try to avoid it.
- A healthy lifestyle goes a long way in maintaining your skin soft and supple.
- Do not take stress and drink plenty of water.
It is important to eat nutritious food that provides all the essential nutrients to the skin and body. People with sensitive skin should pay additional attention to their diet and make note which kind of foods may trigger the reaction. Sometimes, even healthy foods can cause the reaction. As much as possible, one must avoid hot and spicy food.
Shaving can be a challenge. Use a good quality lather and shave in the direction of hair growth, not against it. After you are done, rinse with warm water
There are some herbal remedies which are very good and suitable for sensitive skin. These products do not use the harsh chemicals which usually trigger the itchiness in sensitive skin. One can use different kinds of oils and natural products to have soft and supple skin.
Aloe vera is one natural product which can soothe the skin that is irritated and is blotchy. It can be applied directly to the skin and is very soothing.
You can use olive oil or vegetable oil as a cleanser. Add few drops of oil to the cold compress. Use it over the itchy skin.
Mix almond oil and powdered milk to a tub of warm water. Take bath with it. It is a very effective treatment for sensitive skin.
Do not use the face and beauty packs available in the market. Make your own mask at home. Egg, honey, olive oil and rose water are excellent for sensitive skin. But, use it on your wrist to find out how it reacts.
Use fruits over your face and body. Find out which one suits best for your skin type.
Licorice is suitable for sensitive skin. You can use the products that contain licorice.
Even when you use natural products, you need to be careful. Natural may not be best for you. Be careful of anything that triggers irritation to your skin.