Women Medical & Dental College, Abbottabad, Pakistan

Education makes one stand on his feet and makes one able to lead a successful and respectable life in society. It shows the path to your destiny in life. To acquire education, visiting an educational institute is of undeniable importance. Women Medical and Dental College, Abbottabad serves the purpose of imparting the education. This institute educated its pupils in the field of medical science.

Women Medical

Women Medical and Dental College, Abbottabad is situated in Abbottabad city. It is located in Nawansheher, 5 km from the main city. The serene beauty, calmness, greenery and fresh air of the campus makes an ideal and congenial atmosphere for learning activities. The beautiful building of the campus is commonly known as “Hoti Palace” and consists of some old and new blocks. This covered area makes a 60% of the total campus area. The rest of 40% makes gardens, lawns and playgrounds.

The inception of Women Medical and Dental College took place in year 2000 and since then the college has evolved in size and sage. The college is run under strict regulations of Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PM&DC). The various blocks of campus are as under.

Campus Blocks

Reception Block

This block is comprised of offices of Provost and Chief Security Officer. There is also a waiting room for the visitors. All rooms of the block are adequately furnished.

Administration Block

On the front of administration block, there is a big lawn with cool shades of Pine trees. This block houses:

  • Various administration offices.
  • A big conference hall for holding conferences, workshops and faculty meetings.
  • Various teaching departments. List will follow in the article.

New Block

This block is multi-storey building. It comprises:

  • Various teaching departments.
  • Lecture halls, four in number. All these lecture halls are facilitated with modern teaching facilities. The capacity of the halls is large enough to accommodate 100 students.

Old Block

This block holds various teaching departments. It also has the dental section with state of the art teaching laboratories. This block also has lecture halls.


The auditorium is located as a separate block. Along with the auditorium hall, there is a computer lab, library and telephone exchange.

Finance Department

This a separate block facing the green lawn. It holds finance offices, Establishment branch, Students’ Affair section and Mosque.


The campus owns a huge hostel with accommodation for 700 students.

Besides, the college also owns a large number of buses, vans, coasters and other vehicles for transporting students.

College Teaching Departments

The college offers MBBS and BDS degrees. There are various fields within medical science. Hence for effectively imparting medical science knowledge, the following departments have been established.

  • Department of Anatomy
  • Department of Biochemistry
  • Department of Physiology
  • Department of Pathology
  • Pharmacology Department
  • Department of Forensic Medicine
  • Department of Community Medicine
  • Department of Surgery
  • Department of Medicine
  • Department of Gyne-OBST
  • Department of ENT
  • Department of Ophthalmology
  • Department of Pediatrics
  • Orthopedics Department
  • Department of Radiology
  • Department of Anaesthesia
  • Department of Dental Surgery

All the departments are being served by dedicated highly qualified faculty.

Teaching Hospitals

The following teaching hospitals are associated with Women Medical College.

  • Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Teaching Hospital, Abbottabad
  • Rehmat Memorial Postgraduate Dental Hospital, Abbottabad
  • Women Medical and Dental College Hospital, Abbottabad.

Allied Institutes

Following institutes are affiliated/allied projects of WMC.

  • Women Institute of Learning
  • Women Institute of Rehabilitation Sciences


Address: Women Medical and Dental College, Nawansheher, Abboottabad

Phone: +92-992-390337, +92-992-390090, +92-992-392334

Fax: +92-992-390221, +92-992-391502

Check More Colleges And University In Pakistan 

Top 10 Medical colleges of Pakistan

Top Ten Engineering Universities in Pakistan

1 thought on “Women Medical & Dental College, Abbottabad, Pakistan”

Leave a Comment